Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Save the best for last

I woke up absolutely exhausted this morning! Somehow I still went to bed late last night and this must stop! So yeah, the second I got to work, I made coffee... and enjoyed it with some leftover banana pancakes with a tablespoon of russian condensed milk. Delicious!





My pre-workout snack was 1/2 cup of TJ's european style nonfat yogurt with 1/2 banana and some pb granola. Very yummy stuff, but I wanted more. So I also had a clemantine I grabbed at the spa yesterday :) No picture, sorry. I'm still shy about taking pictures at work when people are around me. If you have a food blog, how do you do it? Was it weird at first? Did you have to explain yourself or just avoided the situtation by not taking pictures?



During lunch I hit the gym... on the agenda today was an abs class + spinning. It's been a few weeks since I've spinned and it was tough! I definitely felt it in my legs. Hopefully that means I burnt a bunch of calories :) I think it's time to buy an HRM to better monitor how hard I work. I felt it was a tough workout but how does it compare to the elliptical, running, etc.?

Here is lunch: a turkey/avocado/tomato sandwich on a homemade bagel. This thing was mes-sy!



The bagel was quite small but I still loaded it up so all the veggies were falling out, and then I tried to eat it open faced but it was still a mess. It think it was delicious but I was too distracted. And yes, there were some baby carrots involved...

And for dessert, I ate this:



Not the wrapper, I ate the actual candy :) Again, I was too shy to take a picture so I just saved the wrapper. These things are pretty good. Well, they are exactly the same as a regular snickers bar but smaller, so they definitely satisfied my craving for some real dessert. I could have another dozen of them though...

And a few hours later, I prepared my second snack of the day: little hummus wraps with some shredded carrots. These are as good as it gets when there is no chocolate or peanut/almond butter.


(1 1/2 TJ's low carb wrap + 2 tablespoons of Sabra hummus + some carrots)

I ate them like so:



Dinner was the best meal of the day! We had some chicken and mushrooms in the fridge that I wanted to use up so I immediately decided to cook something chicken marsala-ish. I went back to a recipe I've tried before that received 3 smiley faces (our measure of goodness). I used this recipe from Cooking Light but substituted the mushrooms for asparagus and steamed some potatoes on the side. I mashed the potatoes and added some skim milk and s&p to them. What a delicious meal! Oh, I only used 1/2 tablespoon of butter for 3 servings of chicken. It was really really good. I stand behind my original 3 smiley face rating!



I have another serving of the chicken left. I think there is a delicious salad with chicken in my near future... um um um.

I'm really going to try to go to bed early tonight. We'll see...

3 comments:

HangryPants said...

Yes, it was weird to take pictures at first. I remember my first restaurant experience! I used my camera phone so no one would notice. Anyway, now if I take a picture at work I do it discreetly so no one really knows. Most of my pictures are of recipe type things, so I'm usually at home.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

i just take pictures of everything, and if people ask why, i tell them! i just explain its a hobby of mine. :)

Danielle said...

Those homemade bagels sounds amazing! I miss bagels, lol! :)