Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dogs and roses

I'm back from a little trip to the nail salon and lunch. Since we're going out to dinner, we wanted to have something simple for lunch (not too meal-y if that makes sense). I proposed sushi but my husband wanted hot dogs. Hot dogs are not really one of those things I ever crave, but this place was supposed to be pretty good. I ordered the German Shepherd dog, which is a beef hot dog topped with sauerkraut and dijon mustard + a diet coke.



It was sooo good! I removed a bunch of the sauerkraut (too much!) and actually after a few bites realized it was too much dog, so I cut it in half, length-wise, and removed that too. The bun, which was freshly baked was the best part. I didn't want the meat to distract from the buttery taste of it :) Quite the atypical lunch for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But before that, on my way to the nail salon, I had to stop by my favorite bakery these days, Tatte. This place is like an art gallery with baked goods. I absolutely cannot get enough of their stuff! Last night I thought about passing by it on the way to the nail salon, and of course could not get it out of my head this morning. I had the chocolate rose.



This is the third time I've had this pastry. The first time it was super chocolaty and gooey on the inside and I devoured it in seconds. I had it again a few weeks ago, but it was more bready/doughy. I wanted more chocolate (shocker!). Today I had it "for here" so the girl warmed it up for me. I was hoping the chocolate would be all gooey like that first time and it looked promising when she served it to me, but honestly once I dug in, there wasn't that much chocolate there - mostly just bread. I'm going to pretend like it was healthy :D The good news is that I think I finally got it out of my system, but their nut boxes are still worth coming back for. It's going to have to wait 'till next week... at least!

I'm off to assemble the spinach artichoke dip I'm bringing to the party tonight. I found the recipe on cookinglight.com and served it a few weeks ago at a party I hosted at my house. It was a huge success! In fact, when I was getting my nails done today, a friend of mine called me asking for the ingredients list... she's making it tonight too to bring it to a different party. So funny! I'll try to remember to take a picture when it comes out of the oven.

I'll be back tomorrow with the recap of the party + my breakfast.

No comments: