Friday, October 17, 2008

Night off

I have the night off from cooking tonight! After work, my husband and I stopped by Whole Foods and by the time we got home, we were both staaarving. But let me go back to this morning :)

Today's food was all thrown together in a rush. Last night my husband and I were planning on having another breakfast "date" at Panera but this morning we both chose to sleep in for a few extra minutes. So I put together breakfast in a flash: 1/3 c rolled oats, 1/3 c pumpkin, 1/3 c skim milk and 1 tsp of maple syrup in a tupperware container.



This was all microwaved at work for 2 minutes and then topped with a serving of TJ's trailmix + a bit of kashi golean cereal. No coffee this morning; this thing filled me up for hours so I couldn't fit anything else in my stomach :)

During lunch I decided to have 2 workouts in 1. Since I never made it to the gym yesterday, I wanted to make up my 3 mile run + do a strength workout that was originally planned for today. I left a little early and it worked :) I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then took an abs class and (most of) the total body conditioning class. I felt strong! The class today bore me to death, though. I planned on maybe leaving a bit early, since I did an extra 30 minutes on the treadmill before the class, but I actually left about 7 minutes early because it was just so freaking boring! In the 40 minute class we did four exercises! I am not kidding. We did four exercises over and over and over... in different order. Yeah, that made it real exciting! :D

By the time I got back to the office, I was excited for lunch! I wasn't sure about how it was going to taste but I was excited about eating. Here is what I put together in a rush this morning:



Sooo good! This is the Pacific Natural Foods butternut squash soup (comes in a little cardboard container) to which I added some steamed broccoli and steamed butternut squash (I had those leftover from the lasagna I made a few days ago) whichI sprinkled with cayenne pepper. The back of the box suggested to serve it with some roasted red peppers and I had them on hand so I added those too... and some sunflower seeds for healthy fats and a piece of Arnold's double fiber whole wheat bread for more carbs. Very very yummy and a huge surprise for me actually. I refregirated the rest of the boxed soup at work, so it will appear in some form next week (well, it will appear in a soup form but what will it be mixed with? We'll have to wait and see ;0).

And then a few hours later I had my new secret weapon, the banana almond butter wrap (no picture, sorry, it looked the same as the last few times :D ) This is my new secret weapon because it prevents me from going for other sweets. I can say no to just about any sweet treat, knowing that this baby is waiting for me later in the day, but it's not like a huge juicy brownie sitting on my desk either, so I am not tempted to eat it right away! Perfect!!!

And while waiting for my husband to pick me up from work, I munched on one of the awesome apples I picked last weekend :)



And now we're back to dinner. So we were both starving by the time we were done with Whole Foods. Thankfully, UFood is right across the street from our apartment building. They offer healthy fast food and we loooove this place! It's actually been a few weeks (maybe even a month) since I've had it last and their chicken chopped cobb salad is the best! I had it to go so I could use my own dressing. Here is the spread (I "bulked up" the salad with some shredded carrots I had on hand):



And the salad up close after mixing it with a tablespoon of the dressing:



Seriously, I can eat the "fried" chicken every day and not get sick of it!

And even though I was plenty full at that point, my mouth wanted more, so this...



was combined into this:



Sorry, I forgot to snap a photo until I ate a bit of it. This was a tiny portion (~1/4 cup of the frozen yogurt, 1/2 graham cracker, 5 choc chips, a tsp of almond butter and a handful of sliced almonds) but all the fat really filled me up. I am seriously stuffed now! Actually, a little bit in pain stuffed, but I'm sure that will pass soon enough.

I'm off to hang out with my honey... Be back tomorrow!

No comments: