Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin goodness

Can I just say again how much I love having long weekend?! I woke up this morning without an alarm clock exactly 8 hours after I went to bed. It was 9am and I could allow myself to sleep even more, but I don't like how sleeping in throws your schedule for the next two days (results in going to bed late that night and then not getting enough sleep the next morning... bad!). Plus, I started thinking about my breakfast in bed and once I came up with this concoction, I couldn't wait to give it a whirl.

I had an open can of pumpkin puree in my fridge, so I decided to base my breakfast around it. Here is what I came up with:



And a picture up close:



Mmm, the chocolate chips got nice and melty. I love it when a healthy breakfast tastes like dessert! :D

So in this mix was 1/3 c of rolled oats, 1/3 skim milk, 1/3 c water, 1/3 c pumpkin + some raisins. I microwaved it for 3 minutes and then topped it off with some pecans, Erin Baker's peanut butter granola (just bought it last night and couldn't wait to try it!), and last but not least some semi-sweet chocolate chips. After taking a bite, I decided to add a bit more sweetness so I drizzled this with a tsp of maple syrup. Yum-o!

Oh, after blogging last night my stomach started growling (I guess I ate less than I thought) so I snacked on some Trader Joe's chocolate covered edamames and went to bed.

The plan for today is to go shopping. I need to come up with some healthy snacks (or even lunch) to bring with me so I don't blow my diet again. There also must be some exercise fit in to my schedule. It will most likely be a late workout.

I'll be back later with the day's update...

No comments: